Sunday, November 18, 2012

Diy Gel Manicure for a fraction of the cost!

Thats right you heard me!

A Gel Manicure That lasts at least 6 days!(Im still in the process so we'll see how long it will actually last!

I got a professional Gel Manicure in California a few months ago and I loved it! It lasted 8 days on me which is really good! My manicures usually only last a day or 2 at the most!

I had read a lot on Gel Manicures and wanted to try them out :) I researched the pros and cons and thought I'd give it a try! So I found a brand (Nailene) that had a diy uv gel manicure set. I searched everywhere for it! And while I was in Cali I found it in their Walmart! I didn't have the money at the time so I waited til I got home (MI) and when I saved up the $15 I went to our local Walmart and they didn't have it!!!! I searched at all the drug stores, Rite Aid, Walgreens, CVS, all of them! Even several different Walmarts! Unfortunately there were none to be found :(

I suppose I could've just ordered it online, but I had my mom buy it and send it to me (I repaid her of course!) And I tried it! It was trial and error but I figured out the way that works best for my nails and life style :) I couldn't use it just a base coat, because it pealed really bad. But If you put on your regular polish and let it dry almost completely, then add the gel topcoat, it worked marvelously! If you don'd let the regular polish dry almost completely, it will wrinkle under the gel. I'm not really sure why....


This Manicure has lasted 6 days without a single chip! That's really good for me! My manicures usually only last a day or 2 at best! Even professional ones! And as a bonus, they don't destroy your nails!!!!

You do have to use 100% acetone to remove them, but thats a minor con :)


Next I will be trying the "Gelish" brand of uv gel nail polish (the brand salons use) and see if there is much of a difference between the Nailene brand and the Gelish brand :) I bought it from this seller on ebay. Ill be sure to keep ya posted!


Btw, I did buy a uv lamp on ebay from this seller. I am very pleased with it and it has a timer button that automatically turns off the uv lamp so you don't have to stare at the clock :) it has a 2 min setting and a 3 min setting.

Anyway, have a fantabulous day!

No comments:

Post a Comment